Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Shelter Me by Stephanie Tyler

This novel captured my attention immediately. I first decided to read it because I loved the cover. Once I downloaded it and started to read, I was really hooked. The story had an edgy feel and a hint of darkness in the background. A painter with no memory hooks up with a man with no past, at least not one he's willing to share. I was intrigued. Ryn experienced a traumatic event as a ten that stole her memories and left her completely alone. She found a foster family and a new best friend but believes she must hide from the rest of the world. Her best friend convinces her that she is doing her painting a disservice by hiding and convinces her to host a showing of her art.  The day off the showing, she meets Lucas. She immediately feels a pull toward him despite knowing nothing about him. Lucas acts as though he already knows Ryn and knows she will be his. The two make a fantastic couple, but Lucas keeps so much from her. Ryn trust him, but so many suspicions swirl around him. The deeper the two connect with each other, the more Ryn discovers their pasts may have been connected as well.

This is book one in a series and does end with a bit of a cliffhanger. The next two books are coming out pretty closely though, so it didn't bother me to be left with a little suspense. I have so many ideas about where this story could go, and I can't wait to keep following it!

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment