Sunday, August 14, 2016

Dirty Little Lies by Lora Leigh

Lora Leigh writes some of the sexiest suspense I've ever read. I am also excited when she comes out with a new book. This book has been on my wish list for quite a while. I was thrilled when Net Galley offered me a copy for review. This story is part of a series set in the middle of a small community where a secret mountain militia type group operates. The group calls itself The Kin. It is made up of what seems to be close knit secretive families who see themselves as the last line of  America's defense.  Grace has been brought up in one of these families raised by her uncle after her father's murder. For most of her life, she has longed for the attention of Zack Richards. Zack, however, has secrets that cause him to always keep her at a distance for her protection. All the walls he has put between them come crashing down at once when he discovers a plot to harm Grace. The only way he can save her is to claim her as his, and he doesn't even think twice. Grace has other thoughts on the matter. She knows Zack doesn't see her for who she really is, and she doesn't want to just be a pawn in the games being played between their families. The danger to her heart is real, and she doesn't want to risk it.

Since Zack isn't taking no for an answer, she finds herself spirited away to Zack's home with her only option for protection being to convince the world that she and Zack are lovers.

I have really enjoyed this series. I highly recommend reading in order. Otherwise, you will be lost amid the Kin references and family dynamics. Lora Leigh always writes super sexy alpha heroes that really appeal to me, but her feisty strong heroines are my favorites. I especially liked the secondary characters in this book including Zack's brothers who were featured in the previous two books and Grace's brothers and cousins. This series could go on for a long time. I'm especially ready to read more about the twins, Mad and Beau-Remi.

No comments:

Post a Comment