Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Kill Sign by Nicole Christoff

I am always excited when a new book in this series comes out since I adore Jamie and her  intrepid action oriented ways. She goes after what is right regardless, and she is always all in. She starts out this book arriving to spend a romantic weekend with Barrett after months apart. As is typical for when this couple tries to get beyond first base, all manner of chaos erupts starting with a bomb. They manage to avoid injuries, but can't avoid the fallout. Barrett gets pulled into the official investigation while Jamie ends up investigating on her own once she discovers a connection to one of her former cases. It seems like Jamie is on her own until her favorite DEA agent shows up out of the blue. Marc wants Jamie and makes no secret of it. He also doesn't plan to let her face danger alone. With both Barrett and Marc trying to get a commitment out of her, her mentor and her best friend in danger, and her own life threatened more than once, Jamie may be in over her head.

At times I find myself rooting for Barrett and other times for Marc. I like them both, and while I want something to happen for Jamie romantically, I simply can't decide with who. I want to be loyal to Barrett, but Marc definitely seems to be more available for her. I really can't wait to see what happens.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment