Monday, November 13, 2017

The Big, Bad Billionaire by Jackie Ashenden

This was a totally different Jackie Ashenden than what I'm used to. I haven't read any of the other books in this series, but I found this on Net Galley and requested an ARC since I adore the author. I knew it wouldn't be the usual suspenseful read I tend to prefer, but I knew I'd probably like it. This was so different from Jackie Ashenden's typical writing style. It read just like a modern day fairytale. It had a tortured hero and a frightened heroine. The storyline had Rafe manipulating everything just to have some leverage over little Ella, the ballerina who had captured his heart long ago. They engage in a back and forth battle of wills with both determined not to give in.

This story had plenty of emotional ups and downs and tons of super steamy chemistry. I really enjoyed it and loved the dark side of Rafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment