Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cowboy Behind the Badge by Delores Fossen

This is the second book in a series. I read the first book, Maverick Sheriff, and really liked it, so it was fun to catch back up with some of the characters. If you haven't read the first book, no worries, you will be fine reading this as a standalone. The events in this book didn't really build upon the events from the previous book or get any closer to solving the major mystery in the background of this series. I am very curious to find out whether Tucker's mother is guilty or not. Despite Rayanne's prickly nature, I really like her and hope she gets the next book, or maybe Rosalie will...I like so many characters.

Back to this story, Laine is a child psychologist who ends up witnessing a murder and being left with the care of newborn twins. In her panic, she runs to a childhood friend who has become a grown up enemy. When Tucker finds Laine scared and trying to hide the babies in his home, he doesn't want anything to do with her...except maybe to remember the last time he kissed her, when even as children they recognized a special connection. Tucker tries to fight his pull toward Laine even as she throws caution to the wind, ignores the negative comments from both of their families and goes after what she wants.  The twins are sweet and bond with Laine and with Tucker's family.  Just when I would think I knew who was after the twins and Laine, something would happen to change my mind. I was a little bit surprised by the ending. I really enjoyed all the action and the sweet romance. Overall, it was a fun easy read.

Net Galley provided a copy of this book for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment