Monday, September 8, 2014

Mine to Have by Cynthia Eden

Having read this author before, I was pretty sure I knew what to expect. Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised. The author's For Me series was okay for me, neither loved or disliked. I had never heard of the Mine series. Apparently, this series is meant to be a bit more "adult". I have to admit to liking the writing style of this series much better my previous experiences. It was definitely steamier...enough that I skimmed a few scenes to get back to the action. That said, the emotional content and the drama/action were very on point.

Saxon is an FBI agent who has been under cover so long even he struggles to know who he really is. Elizabeth is a seeming innocent who finds herself kidnapped and with a price on her head for no apparent reason. Fortunately, Saxon gets called in to save her and keep her safe. He is not gentle or kind or comforting. He also never mentions that her is one of the good guys. Eventually as things get sorted out, Saxon and Elizabeth begin to develop feelings for each other and work to determine why someone wants to kill her. Eventually, the evasion tactics they employ to keep safe fail. They have to work together or just wait for the killer to catch up too them.

I really enjoyed this story and had no trouble following even though I had not read the other novels in this series.

Net Galley provided a copy of this book for honest review:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment