Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Buried by Shelley Coriell

Okay, so I have to admit I didn't really like Grace at the beginning of this novel. She really struck me the wrong way until more of the story was revealed; then her character began to shine. I loved her once I understood her. I liked Hatch from the start, especially his Sunshine Boy nickname.  These two as a couple seemed totally opposite although their chemistry was obviously great and their affection for each other strong. I also enjoyed the relationship Hatch had with his team of Apostles and the way they pulled Grace into their family. I kind of hope to see Grace as an Apostle in the future.

As for the storyline, a killer is on the loose. This killer has started a game with Grace as the only player. The killer buries the victims alive but leaves them one lifeline...a phone which only calls Grace. The race is on to find them in time. With the help of Hatch, the Apostles, and "not (her) dog" Blue, Grace sets out to find the killer before she becomes the final victim. In the midst of all the stress of hunting the killer, relationship issues abound...between Hatch and Grace, Hatch and his newly discovered 13 year old son, and an old lady and the bees which she believes tell her of a ghost.

This was an interesting and suspenseful novel with a lot of action. It is part of a series. I have not read any of the other Apostle books and was not lost at all. I was interested in the background of a couple that must have formed in a previous story, so I plan too go back and read any other books in the series so I will be ready for the next one.

Net Galley provided a copy of this novel for honest review:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment