Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Dangerous Protector by Katie Reus

This is a favorite series of mine, so of course I've read all the books and was totally ready to get my hands on this one. I'll start by saying I really like the cover. I don't recall being familiar with these characters from the other books, but it's definitely possible I just don't remember because it's been a while and I've read numerous books between these. Aaron is a member of Red Stone and works directly for Porter. Tegan is an assistant at the bake shop Aaron, his son, and his family frequent. Tegan has been attracted to Aaron from the start despite finding him to be a bit standoffish. Aaron and his young son are used to being alone and don't trust easy, but this doesn't stop him from noticing Tegan. It does stop him from allowing her any ideas about the two of them. All that flies out the window though when Tegan is almost killed and Aaron realizes he could have missed the opportunity to really know her. He steps in as her caretaker and protector of convenience since she doesn't really have any family and he has the training and resources to help. Tegan is conflicted because more than anything, she wants to keep the people around her safe, especially Aaron and his son. Aaron won't let her refuse his help and won't let her run. The two quickly grow much closer since Aaron has decided not to waste any more time hiding from his interest. Aaron just had to make sure he keeps her alive long enough to make her love him too.

I enjoyed this story and loved all the little ties to previous favorite characters. While these are fairly short novels, the author packs a lot into a little time and doesn't rush the endings. I'm always ready for more Red Stone.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment