Sunday, July 10, 2016

Even the Score by Beth Ehemann

I'm normally not at all into sports related books even if they are within the romance or suspense genre, and I wasn't familiar at all with this author, but the description of this book caught my attention.  I liked Andy and Dani right from the start. I also enjoyed all the secondary characters like Andy's employees and friends (a couple of which I now know have books of their own) and Andy's sweet kids. The story starts out with Dani joining  Andy's sports management firm after a strife filled split with her former agency.  She fits in perfectly at Andy's firm, but soon she begins to be harassed. Even though she is certain she knows who's causing the trouble and eventually reports it, Andy's protective instincts kick into high gear, and the couple grows closer. In the end though, the source of the danger may be closer than either of them realize.

I thought I knew who the perpetrator was the whole time, but was surprised in the end. I really enjoyed the story. It had everything, sweet moments, spicy chemistry, humor, and suspense. I will definitely be checking out more by this author.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment