Sunday, July 24, 2016

Heart Strike by M.L. Buchman

M.L. Buchman writes some seriously realistic and sexy military romantic suspense. I love how his books make me feel like I am right in the middle of a true military mission. He also does a great job of giving each new character a distinct and interesting personality. I've read many of his books, and though the settings are familiar, each new set of characters brings something new to the table. I read the first book in this series and loved tough as nails Carla. Now we have Melissa, the second female to make Delta. Carla 2.0?  No way. Melissa has a serious hate on for Carla and is shocked to find herself assigned to the same team. She and Carla butt heads in no time, but Melissa forms an immediate connection with the team's tech wizard, Richie. Richie was just an amazing character in my opinion. I loved how Melissa divided his personality into different personas in her mind. He was so  sweet and sometimes socially clueless but no less a warrior.

The story had a lot of chemistry and plenty of military style action. Melissa and Richie bond quickly, but her presence on the team is causing some fractures. They all have to find a way to work together, or a major drug refiner and distributor may get away free and clear.

No question I will keep reading this series. I'm very curious who the next book will feature.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment