Saturday, July 23, 2016

Her Survivor by Vonnie Davis

This author was not familiar to me, but the description sounded promising since I enjoy reading books with military heroes/heroines. The ranch style small town setting was interesting and fun. The story was full of quirky characters who were sometimes a bit over the top but always amusing to read. Kelcee was spunky and didn't let Dustin run over her even though he was rude and temperamental with her at first. Dustin had come to the small town to try to find a place where he could learn to cope with his PTSD issues. As a former counselor, I'd say the depiction of the PTSD issues was pretty realistic. I loved how Nance, a former military dog, does so much to help bring healing.

Though Kelcee and Dustin have a rough start, once they connect, their bond is tight. Dustin begins helping Kelcee around her bookstore, and she shows him the intriguing features of the town. Kelcee isn't exactly who she seems though. She has a dangerous secret that could put both of them in danger.

Nance and Dustin's teammates were favorites of mine in the story. I'm sure I will read more of this series since they engaged my curiosity.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment