Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Beneath These Scars by Meghan March

This was my first Meghan March book even though this is book four of a series. Not having read the first books wasn't a problem for me at all. I quickly picked up that Lucas was the bad guy. He was temperamental, stubborn, crude, and manipulative. He was also interested in Yve Santos. Yve was once married to a wealthy man just like Lucas, and she is not interested in getting into another one despite Lucas pursuing her. Honestly, Lucas really is a jerk with a nasty mouth at first glance, but on a deeper level, he is driven by hurts from his past and will do anything to protect his heart. He usually keeps his distance, but Yve challenges him and refuses to back down in the face of his blatant come ons. Gradually, the two begin to break down each other's walls. When Yve becomes the focus of dangerous occurrences, Lucas is determined to protect her as well as get her in his bed.

The more Lucas works to get closer to Yve, the more I liked him. I got totally into the story and didn't want to put it down for anything! The characters were great, so I definitely will be needing to check out the first few books in this series.

I received a copy for review from Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment