Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Best Laid Plans by Allison Brennan

Lucy and Sean have to be one of my favorite book couples ever. More than any couple I remember reading, they are two halves of a broken whole. I honestly don't know how either would survive without the other. I am so invested in this couple that I have trouble putting the books down. I'm sure part of the reason I'm so invested is because I've read all the books related to this series, the ones about Sean and Lucy's siblings that portray all that Lucy goes through and all which makes her who she becomes-a walking shell of her former self. Sean breathes life into Lucy's world and brings her out of her darkness. They are completely perfect together despite their mutual feelings of unworthiness.

This story finds Lucy with a new partner working on a case which may be tied to fall out from the events in the previous novel. Sean ends up getting hired to consult on the case but from a civilian rather than law enforcement angle. As always, Sean and Lucy work best by bouncing ideas of each other, but each ends up keeping a few secrets of their own. As they get deeper and deeper into the case, secrets from Lucy's past threaten her hard won stability and may send Sean over the edge.

I thought this was the best of the series yet. Though some resolution was achieved, many threads of the plot remain unraveled. Fortunately, I didn't care because the ending was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment