Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Burned Deep by Calista Fox

Not at all familiar with this author, I decided to give the book a try after the description really caught my attention. It is the start of a new series. Ari is the focus of the story. She is a small scale wedding planner just bursting on to a larger scale with more exclusive clientele. When a stranger manhandles Ari inside the bar of her current wedding venue, Dane steps in. Ari never expects to see Dane again, but through several twists of fate, she ends up taking a position directing events for Dane's soon to be opening luxury hotel. Dane also angles for her to take a position in his bed, and he doesn't give up easy. As the relationship between the two heats up, dangerous and seemingly unrelated incidents begin to plague Ari. As Dane investigates, he discovers someone is targeting Ari in order to get to him. He has secrets which place her in danger and connections which threaten everything he holds dear.

Though I have to say the couple's initial meeting was a bit awkward to me, I kept reading and was totally sucked in. By the end, the emotions were so high! It was an amazing ending with a sneaky little twist at the end. While it is not a huge cliffhanger, it does leave much unresolved to flow into the next book. I truly cannot wait. It was suspenseful, dangerous, and sexy with characters I want to dig into even deeper.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment