Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Behind Closed Doors by Lisa Renee Jones

I absolutely couldn't put this book down. Though  haven't read any of the Careless Whispers series, I had no problem falling right into this story.  I knew that would be the case since I've read several of the author's other books. I'm going to start by saying that Jason was one of the hottest sexiest male characters I've read in quite a while. I loved his pet names, and I loved his intense personality. Even though I know nothing about poker , I enjoyed the setting of the story . It was a bit outside my normal realm. The story starts with Skye who is struggling to manage two jobs and survive on her own without the help of her family and without very many friends. Her one new friend convinces her to buy a storage facility which is been abandoned. It is been put up for auction, and her friend make certain she ends up winning the bid. Little do they know all the trouble that one the decision will bring. Oddly enough, Trouble is the nickname Skye gives to Jason when she meets him. Trust doesn't come easily to her, and she definitely doesn't trust him. The feeling is mutual, since Jason doesn't trust her either. They strive to work out a deal which they believe will help them discover the truth of what lies between them and what is really going on with the stuff in that storage locker. Their deal also leads to travel to Las Vegas. Trouble follows them, however, and there quickly in the middle of a stressful situation. Thankfully, stress brings out the best and Jason. He is not about to fold. He is also not about to let Skye go. He is going to protect her with everything he has whether she wants him to or not. Someone is trying to blackmail him, and Skye has been pulled into the deadly game. Jason is used to winning the game he plays, and he intends to win this one as well.

 At least he made a great couple. They balance each other out perfectly. Jason was unbelievably sexy, and Skye was a very strong character to despite her many fears and flaws. I also now feel the need to read about Ella. She featured so prominently in this story, that she grabbed my curiosity.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment