Monday, October 24, 2016

Necessary Evil by Jamie K. Schmidt

I was completely unfamiliar with Jamie K. Schmidt, but she's on my favorites list now. I love a book that can surprise me, and this one kept me guessing. I also can't resist a good bad guy. Evan/Evil totally fits that bill. Evil is not afraid to break the rules as long as justice is served. Lucy doesn't believe justice is served unless you follow the rules. They are an unlikely pair, but they certainly steam up the pages. The story rolls along at a quick pace, and there is always something going on to keep your attention. I got hooked on several of the characters, especially Sentinel. He apparently gets the next book in the series, so I am definitely reading that. The ending to this suspense was a bit of a shocker. I really didn't expect it to go the direction it did, but it made for a spectacularly unexpected finish. I completely enjoyed it.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment