Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Family Sins by Sharon Sala

I have been a fan of Sharon Sala for while and have read many of her books.  This story was pretty different from what I usually expect from Ms. Sala. Family Sins is set in the mountains amid a community of close knit self sufficient friends and relatives. The murder of one of their own throws everything into chaos, especially when he leaves a message pointing directly to his killer.

Bowie doesn't come home often, but he was not leaving his family to deal with his father's murder alone. He backs his mother in her stand against her family and her determination to see that justice is served. In the meantime, he runs into his only love, Talia.

The story is a sweet emotional romance of reconnection surrounded by murder, grief, greed, family feuding, and violence. I found the setting and family dynamics interesting. Jesse, Bowie's brother, was an especially endearing character. I have no doubt I will read more of this series.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment