Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Her Last Whisper by Karen Robards

Having never read this author before, I was unsure what to expect...especially since the story involved a ghost. While I do read some paranormal fiction, I usually avoid ghost stories. I won't be avoiding ghost stories any longer. Even though this book is the third in this series, and I haven't read the other two, I was totally sucked in from the very first page!  I didn't feel lost and was easily able to get up to speed on the storyline and characters.

About that ghost, Michael was unbelievably sexy and one of the most appealing heroes I've read in a long time. He had that alpha personality but with a great sarcastic sense of humor. I loved the passion and connection between Michael and Charlie. Charlie was totally in love with him, but she fought it throughout the book until the end. Tony was also a great leading man. He was in charge but always kind and dependable. He would not be a bad choice for Charlie if she weren't so in love with a ghost.

This story had plenty of suspense and creepy occurrences as the team races to save their teammate's sister. The secondary characters were interesting and likable.The plot was very believable in a paranormal sort of way. I totally loved it and stayed up late to finish it the same day I started it. I will absolutely be reading more of this series, especially after that sneaky ending which left me dying for another.

You should absolutely check out this series. I received an advance copy of this book from Net Galley, so since it doesn't release until August, you have time to get caught up and ready for this installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment