Wednesday, June 25, 2014

When Day Breaks by Maya Banks

I'm giving this book four stars because I love this series so much, however, I considered three stars. I was really looking forward to Swanny's story, but this one disappointed me. While I liked Eden, she was just a bit too perfect for real life. The story was just too mushy lovey dovey for me. The suspense was lacking a bit, just quick accounts with very little detail or depth. I found myself wanting to skim through the repetitive back and forth I'm not good enough for you, no, I'm not good enough for you, you're so beautiful, no, you're so beautiful gushing. There was also a lot a repetitive information regarding how the KGI family took Swanny in. I get that each book needs a bit of a recap for readers new to the series, but recap once then leave it alone.

I read this series because I love suspense, and thus far, the series has been all I could ever ask for. I just wanted more from this book. I wanted a well developed villain rather than some weird amateur who shows up out of the blue at the end. I wanted some conflict besides all the constant insecurities over appearances. I wanted less sex and more plot.

I won't say don't buy this book, because this is a series after all, and you don't want to get behind. There are so many other great characters in these books just waiting for their own story. One of the most redeeming qualities of this book for me was getting to know more about Sky and Edge. Sky was amazing in this story, and I loved her. Hancock also pops back up in his usual not quite good not quite bad way and brings a little excitement. Obviously, you will have to make your own opinions about this book, but as for me...awesome series, but absolutely least favorite book.


No comments:

Post a Comment