Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wedding at Caldwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels

I have been a fan of B.J. Daniels for several years. Although I have not read any of her other Cardwell family books, I have read many of her earlier works. When Net Galley offered the opportunity to read this story before it's release, I jumped at the chance knowing it would be good. I was not disappointed.

I was completely drawn into the story and found the characters easy to connect with. Allie has lost her husband, and that might not be a bad thing. The problem is that she might be losing her mind and has no family to help her. She fears her sanity is failing and her daughter, Nat, might be taken from her. In the midst of all this, she attempts to reopen her wedding planning business and has to deal with possible sabotage.

Jackson Cardwell enters at the height of the trouble. At a time when even Allie doubts herself, Jackson believes in her and begins collecting the evidence to prove it to her and everyone else. Their is not a flaming sizzling passion but rather a slow burn. When they do finally come together, it is with fears and regrets after.

The danger to Allie continues to escalate throughout the story as do Allie and Jackson's feelings for each other. Suspects abound as do motives, but I was never completely sure who the ultimate villain was until the end. I really enjoyed the story and now feel like I need to check out the other books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment