Friday, June 20, 2014

I'll Find You

This was my first experience reading anything by Nancy Bush. Since I am always searching for quality suspense authors, I was hopeful that I would like this story. Thankfully, I wasn't disappointed. The story was interesting, the characters were well developed, and I really had no idea who the ultimate killer was until the very end.

I really liked Callie. She thought she was sort of broken, but her character was very strong and self sacrificing throughout the book. West certainly came on strong at the beginning of the book, definitely not how you expect a hero to act. The two of them danced around their suspicions of each other for a while, but once they started working together things moved quickly.

The author gave glimpses into the psyche of almost every character by changing perspectives frequently. Sometimes I am frustrated when authors use this technique and the writing feels disjointed. I didn't feel that way with this story. I liked being in the killer's head and trying to search out the little clues of his/her identity. There were certainly several twisted characters to keep readers guessing between.  The plot held a few convoluted and interconnected events which led to a multilayered conclusion. Although I would have liked Callie to have been more firm with her late husband's brother and sister, I did enjoy the reversal of fortunes for Callie and West in the end. Overall, it was a good suspense which kept me guessing.

Thanks go out to Net Galley for giving me copy of this book to review.


No comments:

Post a Comment