Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sweet Burn by Anne Marsh

I have to say I really loved this book. Anne Marsh was a new author to me. This was not the first book in this series, but when Net Galley offered me a copy to review, I decided to try it anyway. I'm really glad I did. Even though there were obviously some recurring characters from previous books, I had no trouble getting right into this story.

Right from the beginning it was obvious Mimi saw herself as the town's good time bad girl and made sure everyone knew she lived up to the reputation. Mack is the classic good guy. He is former military and currently a smoke jumper. When Mack's teammate who happens to be Mimi's former lover gets married, Mack and Mimi hook up for an agreed upon one night stand. That one night stand ends up completely complicating things in Mimi's good time no commitments world. Mack is head over heels immediately and sets out to pursue his own personal party girl.

Mimi has lived a hard life and uses her persona to cover up hurts from the past and protect herself from allowing hurts in the future. She can't risk letting Mack get too her. In the meantime, a problem from Mimi's past arrives in town just as the fire season heats up. Mimi and Mack end up having to face several dangers from both situations and find themselves pulled closer and closer to each other.  Super sexy Mack never gives up and never accepts no for an answer.

I ended up loving the town and the secondary characters. I totally feel the need to go back and check out the previous books to get their stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment