Saturday, June 14, 2014

The beginning...

Okay, so here I am. I'm officially a blogger...sort of. Can you call yourself a blogger when this is your first post? Hmmmmm.... In any case, I plan to give this a valiant effort. Why? The answer is simple...I love to talk about books!!!  Mainly, I really love to talk about suspense books. Unfortunately, I find myself completely alone in that endeavor save for one lone friend who happily borrows all the books I shove her way.  That is just not enough for me. Sometimes I really feel like books are the only salvation for my sanity :-) Shouldn't I share that sanity with others?

Maybe your life isn't so crazy as mine. I spend the majority of my time homeschooling my 4 kids, coping with all the crazy aspects of parenting teenagers, being a caregiver for my dad who's suffering from Alzheimer's, teaching substance abuse prevention classes, and trying to find some "alone" time with my sexy but workaholic hubby. As my life gets busier and busier, my books keep me grounded and sane. Talking about my books totally brightens my day! I started writing reviews on Amazon about a year ago, but it doesn't really give me that discussion I crave (although those little helpful votes are kind of fun).  So, what is there to do but try blogging?

I'm a very fast reader, so I expect I will be posting reviews and comments quite frequently. Maybe some of you will check out the books and reply back with your own thoughts. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment