Thursday, October 29, 2015

Dangerous Games by Tess Diamond

I was completely unfamiliar with Tess Diamond when I was offered an ARC for review, but the book description sounded interesting enough for me to give it a try. I actually had already downloaded another book to read first, but once I read the first couple of paragraphs in Dangerous Games, I was intrigued enough to keep reading.

The story begins when Maggie Kincaid is recruited to help with the investigation into the kidnapping of a senator's teenage daughter. Maggie was formerly with the FBI but had wit a couple of years previously due to a negotiation that went wrong. She blamed herself, and after surviving a kidnapping as a child, she couldn't deal with her failure to bring a victim home. She never wanted to be involved in that type of situation again, but with medical issues making recovering the victim even more urgent, she wasn't able to refuse.

Despite facing ridicule from former co-workers, stonewalling by the victim's father, and the cocky interference of Jake O'Connor, Maggie doggedly pursues answers. Without giving too much away, I will just say that I enjoyed the chemistry between Jake and Maggie, especially when he was trying to get a rise out of her. The story was well written and gave just enough details to draw you into the story but also keep you guessing. It did end with a pretty decent cliffhanger, but my understanding is that book two will follow close behind this one. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment