Saturday, October 17, 2015

Designed for Murder by Avery Flynn

I was a bit unsure whether I would be able to get into this story since it was set in the world of LARPing. I was familiar with the term, but that was about the extent of my knowledge. The only reason I even have it a try was because I've never read a book published through Entangled Ignite that I didn't like. I've got to admit, I loved this one too. Mika was a great character. She was totally into LARPing, but she want just some geek stuck in a fantasy. She had spunk and didn't back down for anyone. Carlos, on the other hand, thought he was just as tough but had let himself conform to an image of who he thought he needed to be. Mika challenged all Carlos thought he was. Working as an investigator for Maltese Security on her case (which involved stolen LARP costumes) brought him face to face with the world he used to enjoy. Working protection for Mika brought him face to face with his worst fear. He would have to step right into the middle of everything he feared in order to save everything he ever wanted...Mika.

I truly loved this story and all the great characters. I definitely need to read more about Maltese Security.

I received an ARC from the publisher via Net Galley.


No comments:

Post a Comment