Saturday, October 24, 2015

No Good Deed by Allison Brennan

This was the twenty seventh book I've read by Allison Brennan, so I guess you could say I'm a huge fan. This particular series is absolutely my favorite. Just as a note, this is definitely not a standalone. It is book ten in the series, and each book builds on the previous one. Actually, in my opinion, you get the best reading experience by first reading the Evil trilogy and then the FBI trilogy. These two series help familiarize you with the Kincaid and Rogan families. They also take you through everything that happens to Lucy Kincaid, the events that shape who she is. Having this background information just makes the Lucy series ten times better.

This story has Lucy and Sean tracking prison escapee Nicole Rollins, a murderer they helped apprehend in the previous book. Lucy and Sean are FINALLY engaged ( yes, I've been waiting for that for a long time), but there is no time to celebrate. DEA and FBI agents are being murdered, and all hands are on deck working around the clock to recapture Rollins. Sean and Lucy are pulled in different directions, but try to connect as much as possible. Unfortunately, things only get worse when Kane, Sean's brother, disappears in Mexico. Sean knows he has to go find Kane, but hates to leave knowing Lucy is likely a target for Rollin's violence. He enlists the help of a trusted colleague to watch over Lucy and sets out for Mexico.

Lucy is working non-stop. Information is leaking from someone within the joint task force. The leak forces Lucy to question everyone she knows and works with. No one is above suspicion other than a couple of close friends. Lucy's brother, Jack, also arrives in town to help out.

Personally, this was my favorite Lucy story to date. The action and suspense were continuous, the depth of the relationship between Lucy and Sean is beautifully depicted, and Jack and Kane ( two of my favorites) are front and center for much of the story.  I truly can't wait for Kane and Siobhan to get their own story.  I'm completely addicted to the Kincaids and the Rogans.

I received an ARC for review from Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment