Thursday, November 26, 2015

Edge of Night by Jill Sorenson

I wasn't familiar with this author as I started this book, and I really didn't expect it to be very realistic. Overall, I was kind of iffy on my prospects of liking it. Having worked with teens in gangs as a substance abuse counselor in a boot camp type program, I have a decent amount of knowledge about that lifestyle. Surprisingly, I thought the author's description was pretty realistic. She didn't sugarcoat things or make her characters perfect. They were flawed in so many ways which made them identifiable and real.

The story really was two stories in one, April and Noah, and Eric and Meghan. Both couples come across young with the latter couple being around nineteen. Unfortunately, not everyone gets a happy ending in this book. I liked that about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a happy ending all the way sort of gal, but it would have been completely unrealistic for this story and these characters. I'm now going to have to search around and see if the author wrote a follow up for my favorite characters.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment