Saturday, November 21, 2015

Game of Lies by Tess Diamond


I am loving this series! Even though you know who the kidnapper is (if you read book one), all is not what it seems. I really did not expect as many twists and turns as I encountered in this story. Maggie and Jake are still working with the FBI to find Senator Thebes's kidnapped daughter before her insulin dependence puts her life at risk. Not only does Maggie continue to get hassled by her former colleagues, they take it to a whole other level and attempt to undermine her despite possibly disastrous consequences. Even puppy love Paul can't be relied on. Jake is the only person Maggie can count on to back whatever actions she takes. I like that Jake trusts her to be competent at her job and doesn't hover over her waiting for her to need rescuing. He goes where she sends him and even bends a few rules along the way.

As for the chemistry between Maggie and Jake, I love where that went. Finally! The relationship between these two just makes me happy. They seem to fit like two pieces of the same puzzle. I literally can't wait to see what happens next. As with book one, book two ends on a cliffhanger. Thankfully the next book will be out soon. I actually like cliffhangers when they are not too extreme and the author plans ahead enough to release the sequels pretty quickly. I love that I have found a talented new independent author to add to my favorites list.

I was thrilled to receive an ARC from the author for review!

No comments:

Post a Comment