Thursday, November 26, 2015

Gone Black by Linda Ladd


Oh my word!!!! This blew me out of the water. After reading the description, I honestly delayed reading it for a bit. I am completely addicted to this series, so there was no way I was skipping this one, but I just couldn't stand the idea of Claire thinking Black was dead. Once I finally made myself start reading, however, I couldn't put it down...literally. It was definitely not for the faint of heart. Though this tends to be a bit of a dark series anyway, this installment is much more so. I don't want to spoil the story by giving much description, so I will skip giving a synopsis. If you are a fan of the series, you know that Black's most fervent wish is to marry Claire. She put it off before, but has finally given in and planned Black's dream ceremony. Everything is perfect, but we all know that never lasts in Claire's world. This story is the hardest situation Claire has ever had to face. Everything rides on her and the help of a small abused little boy. Black's life and sanity depend on them. Claire has some help on the outside from Holliday, Booker, and Novak, but it's anyone's guess whether they will arrive in time.

This was the best book in the series so far. It is Claire's turn to pull out all the stops to save Black. She really shows what she is made of. Also, can I just say how much I love Novak! I liked him in the previous book, but now I love him. His part in the ending was spectacular!


Thankfully, I received an ARC from Net Galley for review. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment