Friday, February 9, 2018

Shattered Fear by Tara Thomas


I'm going to go 3.75 stars on this one. The jury is still out, but I'm definitely about to start the next book and see where this goes. On the down side, this one reads very new author-ish. The heroine cries a lot for a tough cop, and she really didn't have many reservations about getting involved with a suspect. Her character is a bit inconsistent for me so far. On the up side, I really like Brent even though he was much quicker to forgive than I would have expected. I also felt like the villains were way up there on the creepy scale, and the intimate scenes were pretty steamy. Since this is a continuing series, it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, but not to worry, the books are being released close together so the wait time is minimal. I'm going to hold on judgement until I finish book two.

Net Galley provided an ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment