Friday, February 9, 2018

Rules of Engagement by Lily White


This was my first book by Lily White. I admit that I'm sometimes hesitant to try authors I'm not familiar with, but I was really drawn to the cover, and the description was completely intriguing. I couldn't resist, so I requested an ARC from Net Galley. As I started reading, my first reaction was that this book was going to be way more darkly erotic than I was used to, even though I tend to prefer my suspense pretty dark. I almost didn't keep reading, but I'm so glad I did. Turns out it was nowhere near erotica, but it was seriously sexy and twistedly dark. I though for sure I had it figured out a few times, and I definitely had the bad guy narrowed down to two choices. Even though I was pretty sure till the end that I knew which of the two it was, I ended up being wrong and loving that the story was so unpredictable. I would have liked more of a dramatic face to face confrontation at the end, but regardless, I absolutely loved this!

No comments:

Post a Comment