Monday, August 4, 2014

Cavanaugh Strong by Marie Farrarella

Although I haven't read any of the other Cavanaugh books, I really enjoyed this one. While I wouldn't actually place it in the suspense  category, it was a really good police procedural. The characters were interesting, especially the grandmother, Lucy.  Witty dialog throughout kept me amused.  The story didn't lag as it followed Noelle and Donovan through the twists and turns of their investigation into the strange deaths of unattached senior citizens. The two meet each other's families and begin to spend time together off the clock and under the sheets. Lucy plays an instrumental role in helping Noelle battle her fears about relationships. Donovan turns out to be very persistent and entertaining. In the end, Noelle had to decide whether to get over her fears or get over Donovan.

I received some copy of this book for honest review from Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment