Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hard to Forget by Incy Black

I will start by saying I received a copy of this book for review from Net Galley before I even knew what it was about. I knew nothing about this author, and there was no blurb to explain the plot. I simply requested a chance to read the book based on having previously really enjoyed books by this particular publisher.  I'm am really glad I was approved to read this story. It was full of action, very suspenseful, and ultimately alpha. The book starts out by giving the background of Jack and Lowry, particularly the cause of their contention. It then jumps forward to the present where the two of them are unexpectedly thrown together despite Lowry's very real fear of Jack. Lowry resists Jack's efforts to push into her life but ends up turning to him for help in a moment of desperation. Jack steps up but offers only protection without an ounce of compassion. The chemistry between these two is popping, but Jack is a very hard man, and Lowry is suffering from PTSD from an event in her past she has held secret and used to excuse sitting herself off from everyone...especially Jack.  Fortunately, Jack is able to get information about the PTSD event and his rage drives him to help Lowry in every way he can. Lowry alternates between desiring Jack and fearing his touch. As danger closes in, they both have decide whether they can trust each other. Their opinions on how to handle situations continually clash. Eventually, the danger catches up with them and pushes them out of their comfort zone and into the path of a killer.

This was a great read. I could barely put it down. I enjoyed the characters, and was totally invested in the storyline. It was way more deeply emotional and involved than I expected. I really loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment