Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Unleash Me series by Christina Ross

I was so excited about this series because I loved the Annihilate Me series and adored all the characters, especially Tank and Lisa. As I said in my review of Annihilate me, yes, the books in this series are cliffhangers (literally ending in the middle of a situation and then immediately picking up with the next book just like turning a page), and yes, they really are short (ending between 65 and 85% completed on my kindle), but that is not what had bothered me. Thankfully, I read this series on kindle unlimited because I would be very upset if I was out money. While I still love Tank and Lisa, 80% of this series was just Annihilate Me with the names changed. One conversation in this series between Jennifer and Tootie was word for word the same from Annihilate Me. Even the sex scenes between Tank and Jennifer were remakes. They were full of the same obsession with suits and stubble and even experimented with the same new ways to play. Just as Alex is injured with a long recovery while protecting Jennifer on the street, Tank is also injured. See where I'm going with this? I didn't stress too much because, like I said, it was free for me to read, but I have too say be cautious before spending money. On the good side, the final suspense climax was really good and Blackwell was her usual fun self. This author has talent. She just needed to put more time into this series in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment