Wednesday, August 27, 2014

No Hero by Mallory Kane

I am so happy I discovered this author. I totally enjoyed this book. It had the perfect balance of chemistry and suspense with plenty of action and very little down time. Dev was super sexy and truly a good person at heart despite his tendency to dwell on his own failings. Reghan saw herself as a good person who exposed the evil in others. In the process of one of her reveals, she unrepentantly almost destroyed Dev's career and his life's work. Despite all this, three two have a certain chemistry they try to ignore. When a serial killer targets people connected to Dev, Reghan believes she has key evidence to help solve the case. Despite the tension between them and police resentment toward her, Reghan decides to share what she knows with Dev.  Soon, the killer's anger turns toward Reghan. Dev steps up to help despite Reghan's slightly self righteous attitude.  The connection between the two builds quickly. In the end, both have to be willing to sacrifice their lives for each other in order to beat the killer. 

I enjoyed the characters in this story, and I hope Penn gets her own book soon. I look forward to checking out other books by this author. I appreciate Net Galley providing a copy of this book for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment