Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hush Now Baby by Cheryl Bradshaw

I have loved this series from the first book. Sloane always takes me places I'm not sure I want to go, but am glad I experienced when I get to the end. This is definitely not a light series. Sloane is a messed up broken character who can't seem to connect. She is intelligent, caring, and has a strong sense of personal morals but can't seem to find any good in herself...only guilt. She tends to focus only on her perceived failings and takes on the weight of the world. Cade is almost the polar opposite of Sloane. He is open and honest and pretty grounded in reality. I had a difficult time putting him together with Sloane in the last book because I really liked Giovanni, despite his negative affiliations. Even throughout this book, I kept wondering if he would appear and whether I really wanted him to. I don't know that Sloane's morality would ever let her be truly happy with Giovanni. Cade , on the other hand, seems to really understand Sloane. He lets her be herself...find herself. The case the two of them take on, while not physically very dangerous to Sloane, is emotionally challenging. As they search for a missing baby, Sloane can't help but be drawn back into her own painful losses. The people who care about her become concerned and push her to discover how she truly feels and what she really wants to do with her life. There are so many questions in this story. Will Sloane and Cade be able to save the baby? Who stole the baby and killed the mother? Does Sloane share Cade's feelings? Will she ever let herself release the control she holds so dear? You have to read it to find out. This book was a great addition to the series. I especially enjoyed the ending:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment