Friday, August 15, 2014

Dead Don't Lie by L.R. Nicolello

Wow!!! This book totally took me by surprise! I requested the opportunity to read this book on Net Galley primarily because I was drawn to the striking cover. I had never heard of this author and really was just hoping it wouldn't be sappy. As soon as I started reading, I knew sappy was not going to be a part of the picture. I was drawn in immediately to a story that was definitely not for the squeamish or the faint of heart. My expectation had been an everyday average romantic suspense, but this was nowhere near that. Written in a style that reminded me of a couple of my favorite authors, Mary Burton and Beverly Barton, this was darkly psychological, totally sadistic, frighteningly and heartbreakingly realistic, and yet deeply emotional and sexy at times. It has been a while since a book has really grabbed my attention and had me excited and raving. I am so thrilled to have found this new author and can't wait to read the next book in this series. I scoped the author out on Amazon and found book two scheduled to release in January. It didn't even have a description to let me know whether it will feature the same main characters or shift to cover someone else, but I can promise you I will be reading it regardless. I could totally go on and on about the plot of this story and give a full on play by play synopsis, but I really feel like it would detract from the emotional impact of the story and spoil it. Hopefully you will take me at my word and just read it for yourself:-)

Net Galley provided me a copy of this novel for honest review. Honest is the key word. I truly loved this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment