Thursday, June 9, 2016

Gone too Deep by Katie Ruggle

I requested a copy of this book because I vaguely recognized the author's name as one I had read before and enjoyed. I also liked the cover and thought the description sounded interesting. Honestly, I was caught up in the story pretty quickly, especially once George entered the picture. Who can resist a huge handsome mountain man who literally doesn't talk to anyone? There were so many great moments between him and Ellie as she tries to communicate with him and he tries to take care of her. I found myself smiling a lot and enjoying their interactions. Ellie's search for her dad also results in many dangerous situations. George is willing to do anything to protect her, but Ellie also does a pretty good job of protecting herself and those around her.

The story was exciting, and being from a hot southern state,I found the cold snowy setting interesting too. Once I finished reading this story, I went back to research the author and realized I had read the introductory novella for this series when it first came out but had somehow missed the next two books. I just added them to my wish list so I can correct that oversight. After reading about Callum and Lou in this book, I can't wait to go back and get their full story. So, as I said, I missed a couple of books in the middle of the series, but I didn't have a problem reading this as basically a standalone. I do think it would have been even better however if I had read them all in order.  This book does end in sort of a cliffhanger. George and Ellie get a nice resolution, but a few threads are still hanging out there waiting to be followed, especially a big shocker at the end. Thankfully, the wait for the next book is only a couple months.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment