Saturday, June 18, 2016

Hard Rules by Lisa Renee Jones

This was my first book by this author, and it definitely won't be my last! I was hooked from the start and ready to drop everything to keep reading. I loved the characters both primary and secondary. The storyline was nicely convoluted with many complicated personalities and subplots twisting around each other in a tangled writhing mass of passion and suspense. Shane and Emily meet by chance but end up thrown together by fate. Emily has some big secrets which could be dangerous. Shane is in the middle of a battle with his family which he knows for certain is dangerous. Neither is in a good place to get involved, but neither can resist.  They are drawn to each other yet caught in a web of lies and betrayals. I finished the story in a day because I was dying to unravel the threads of what was really going on. I've got to say that I'm now in more suspense than ever and hoping book two in this series is following shortly behind. I really want to know who Emily really is, what part the prologue plays in the scheme of things, who is actually on Shane's side. I am completely invested in this story.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment