Thursday, June 30, 2016

Not Quite Perfect by Catherine Bybee

Glen and Mary met about a year ago. The attraction was there, but neither acted on it. When the arrival of a mutual friend's baby throws them back together, Glen finally decides to make a move. Mary knows Glen has been an unrepentant player, so she expects him to pull out the charm and smiles for their first date. What she didn't expect was all the planning and thoughtfulness he invests into giving her an unforgettable night with no strings attached at the end. Living on opposite sides of the country doesn't deter Glen at all. As a pilot and part owner in his  family's luxury charter business, he either hops a plane to see her or sends one to bring her to him. Mary can't believe how happy she is. She's not used to someone caring so much or so many good things happening. She is more used to being unwanted, and while Glen definitely wants her, he is not the only one. Shortly into their relationship, it becomes obvious that someone is out to harass her. Despite the distance between them, Glen takes every measure he can to ensure Mary is safe, but he can't be there all the time. Someone else wants to keep Mary "safe" as well, and as soon as Glen is gone, he plans to make her his.

I grabbed this book because I loved the author's Weekday Brides series. I had read the first two books in this series but didn't keep reading it because I tend to be a suspense junky, and there wasn't much there. The description for this book gave me hope that the suspense might be there, and was it ever! I fully enjoyed the book and ended up wishing I'd read books 3 and 4 since those characters played heavily in this story. I've already added them to my to be read que.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment