Saturday, June 11, 2016

Stranger in my House by Mari Manning

When Kirby's half sister shows up out of the blue claiming her life is being threatened, Kirby feels obligated to help. She is a law enforcement officer and feels she can quickly put her detecting skills to use and find the culprit. Unfortunately, Frankie complicated matters by insisting Kirby go undercover as her. Since the two are practically identical other than eye color, the swap would be easy. Kirby has never been close to her sister but her deep longing for a family connection leads her to do as Frankie requests. Once in place as Frankie, Kirby realizes the list of suspects is a mile long because no one likes Frankie, in fact, they ask despise her and don't bother to hide it. Her only ally is Seth. Even he is reluctant to help her. When strange things occur and threats escalate, he is the only person she trusts, but whether or not that trust is deserved remains to be seen..

This was a bit of an unusual storyline with some big twists at the end. Many of the characters came across as unlikable because of their animosity toward Kirby in her role as Frankie. Once their true nature was evident, they became much more relatable, and connections were finally forged. The story had plenty of suspense and chemistry and no shortage of suspects.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for review.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Fellow Writer and reviewer!

    I've noticed that you like to read and review books. I'm a brand new author on Amazon's kindle store, and I would like to ask you to read and leave an honest review of my book if you'd like.

    This is the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GYUOO1A. Please tell me if you would be interested, and I'll send it over. I'm looking for any help I can get.

    Thanks!
    Dina: dina_e_a@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete