Monday, June 6, 2016

Running Scared by Christy Reece

To the best of my knowledge, I've read everything out there by this author including the books under her Ella Grace pseudonym. She continues to be one of my favorites. What makes things even better is that she is from my home state ( Roll Tide! ) I have been ready to get Riley's story for a while. Her character had overcome so much, and this book makes that even more clear. Some of the things in this book seem so unbelievable that we'd like to think they couldn't be real, but as I was reading about this couple selling their child, my husband shared an article in the news of a real life couple doing the same thing. I like how the author made Riley such a survivor and such a strong woman. Her partner, Justin, was absolutely the perfect man for her because he knew when she needed gentle and when she needed the cool methodical focus of work. He kept her grounded. I adored the story and the climax toward the end. I can't wait to find out what happens in the future between Aiden and Anna. It should be interesting.

Though this book is better read as part of the LCR series, it could be read as a standalone. The whole series is great though, so check it out.
1 like ·

No comments:

Post a Comment