Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Hard to Protect by Incy Black


This was only my second book by this author, and it was very different from the first one and not quite what I expected at first. I wasn't sure I liked Will or Angel in the beginning. They were both abrasive and emotionally locked down. As the story progresses though, they began to chip away at each other and expose where all that hardness came from. Both had very traumatic pasts and good reason to guard their hearts. Eventually they realize they have a mutual purpose, getting a dangerous drug developed by Angel's brother destroyed. Angel will do anything to protect her brother, but Will's only concern is protecting her, possibly from her brother. All the time the two spend together has the effect of thawing Angel's heart, but Will may not be willing to risk allowing himself to think long term.

The characters definitely grew on me until I really liked them in the end as they grew and changed. The ending was not what I expected which is great. I enjoy being surprised.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for honest review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment