Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Rule Master by Sienna Snow

This was my first book by Sienna Snow, and I must say that I wish I had started with the first book in this series. I admit to feeling like I was trying to play catch up from the very start, but by the time Lex appeared on the page, I was hooked. I eventually got the gist of what had occurred in book one and was completely sucked into this story. It had a lot of intensity and emotional ups and downs to go along with the sexy smoldering bedroom, airplane, office scenes. These were of a BDSM nature and well written if you enjoy the vicarious fantasy experience of kink. I do feel it would be irresponsible to not give a bit of a warning though. While the overall story was excellent, there were some difficult sections that might upset other readers due to the retelling of past violent experiences, including sexual violence. Hopefully that is not a trigger issue for you, but if it is, use caution. Also, just as a note, the violence was part of a carryover storyline from the first book and was not just for the sake of shock value.

I enjoyed getting to know the group of friends making up the main characters, and I know I will have to go back and read book one so I can start book three when it comes out having all the character backstories. I really enjoy a good series where the plots all entwine, so finding this one makes me happy.

My thanks to Net Galley for proving an ARC for honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment