Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Demolished by Cathryn Fox

Both Summer and Sean are back in the small town they grew up in after years away. Neither is there under happy circumstances, and Summer is not even there under her own name. She's hiding big secrets and hoping no one will recognize her until she can solve her problems. Sean isn't buying her story, but he's willing to play along until she trusts him. The question is whether or not she will trust him in time.

This was definitely much heavier on the sexier aspects than the suspense aspects. It was very sexy with a high frequency of intimate adventures. On the suspense end, it just didn't ring true to me most of the time, like hiding in a town where everyone knew you and trying to convince them you were someone else based primarily on only darker hair color and ageing, or getting a job with the fake identity of a still living person. Summer's thought processes made little sense to me, but as I often say, it's fiction, so it doesn't already have to be 100 percent exact. Escapism  is acceptable too. So, why did I give this four stars? I really liked Sean and his family, that big band of brothers and cousins with a feisty matriarch grandmother.  They pulled my interest and made me desire to read more of the series to find out what makes those guys tick.

Net Galley provided an ARC for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment