Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Shattered by Allison Brennan


Okay, so I've got to be honest and say that I read the first Max Revere novel and didn't like it at all. Max just came across hard and unlikable and frustrating. I didn't end up continuing with the series despite my love of Allison Brennan. I only tried this one because it featured Lucy Kincaid, and I am nothing if not addicted to anything Kincaid/Rogan. As I started this book, I still wasn't fond of Max, and I didn't trust her motives with Lucy. The more I read though the more I respected Max and began to begrudgingly like her. The interplay between Max and Lucy was really interesting with neither really trusting at first and each trying to figure the other out.

Lucy was at her best, and we also got to revisit several members of her family. I loved the self discovery and the self confidence that built with the characters. The story really drew me in , and by the end, I was liking Max and feeling a need to know more about what might happen between her and David. Any future Lucy Kincaid book was definitely going to be on my reading list, but it looks like Max Revere #5 will be too.

Net Galley provided an ARC for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment