Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Elliott Redeemed by Scarlett Cole


Admittedly, I'm a romantic suspense junkie. I rarely read anything that lacks a suspense element, but even though the Preload books don't have the slightly suspenseful edge of the Second Circle Tattoos series by this author, I can't get enough. When I saw Net Galley had approved my request for an early copy of this book, I literally cheered. This group of guys that Scarlett Cole has written own my heart. Their stories touch me emotionally as strong as if they were real people I know. Maybe it's my background as a counselor, or maybe it's just that I love seeing the imperfections in a character be the exact thing that turns them into a light or source of hope and strength for someone else. Ms. Cole is a marvel at creating these beautifully broken people and imagining ways to put them back together in a better shape than where they started. I absolutely couldn't wait to read Jordan's story in the last book, and since he tugged my heart the most, I just knew nothing could top his story. I now must admit I was wrong, because Elliott was beyond what I could have anticipated. Bravo, Ms. Cole. I can't wait to join you for Nikan and Lennon.

No comments:

Post a Comment