Sunday, August 20, 2017

Hard Justice by April Hunt

This was my first book by April Hunt. Even though it is the third book in a series, I had no trouble reading it as a standalone. Obviously Vince and Charlie had interacted in the previous books, but it didn't seem like there was a lot of history the reader needed to know before reading this book. Charlie was tiny, pink haired, tattooed, pierced, and ready to kick butt at a moment's notice. Vince is huge, all muscle, tatted up, shaved bald, and hung up on Charlie for some reason he can't really understand. When her past comes calling with a dangerous mission, Vince is her only option for backup, and he's not complaining. Both Vince and Charlie have pasts that haunt their nights though neither want to talk about them in the light of day. Their chemistry is smoldering, but their secrets persist.

I really enjoy military/security style romantic suspense, and this was exactly what I like. The characters were intense but likable. The chemistry was strong, and there was plenty of suspense to keep me tied into the story. I enjoyed meeting the characters from the previous books so much that I will likely go back and read the first two.

Net Galley provided an ARC for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment