Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bones and Roses by Eileen Goudge

This is the first book in a new series for this author and the first book of hers I have read. I really enjoy first person female sleuth type stories and especially liked this one. It started off pretty mild, but things picked up rather quickly.

When the remains of Tish's long lost mother are discovered, Tish takes it upon herself to investigate since she feels the police aren't taking the case seriously enough. She enlists the help of a somewhat burned out and possibly alcoholic retired policeman and her best friend and total opposite, Ivy. Tish handles the dangers like she was born for it. She doesn't require the help of any of the romantic interests in her life, she just pushes on despite the possible consequences.

I really enjoyed this story and am glad it is going to be a series. I have high hopes for Tish and her end of the story love interest. He was my favorite.

I appreciate Net Galley providing me with a copy of this book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment