Thursday, July 3, 2014

Innocent Prey by Maggie Shayne

This was my first Brown and DeLuca novel. I'm not even sure how many previous novels are in this series. I have to say that it was very different from what I expected. This story was definitely not your typical female detective type novel. Rachel had a seriously snarky attitude and the mouth to back it up. I wasn't sure at first if I would like her, but the more I read, the more she grew on me and had me amused. I liked Mason from the beginning. Their relationship was interesting but complicated. Both felt more deeply for each other than they wanted to admit and spent to much time working.

A missing young girl has Mason and Rachel working together on the case. As one missing girl turns into several, their case gets more complicated. Rachel begins having visions and using her NFP (You will have to read the book to figure out what that is.) to help speed the case along.  In the end, she takes an incredible risk to save Mason and another member of their team. I ended up loving the story and the quirky relationship between Rachel and Mason. I will absolutely be reading more of this series!


No comments:

Post a Comment